Home Seek Help
This forum is intended for MultCloud Support Discussion. Please post/inquire on existing discussions if they exist.

google <> dropbox 2way sync creates duplicates

edited January 2017 in Seek Help

I tried to simplify my folder structure, however multcloud re-duplicated everything.  I moved folders and files around in dropbox and wanted multcloud to sync the changes to google cloud.  Instead, multsync recopied all of the moved files back to dropbox AND copied all of the new structure to google cloud.

1) Original Structure:

Folder1

Folder2

Folder3

File1

File2

File3

2) In Dropbox I created a new BigFolder and moved Folder1, Folder1, and Folder3 into it.  And I created a new folder "misc" for the files.  So the new structure in dropbox was:

BigFolder

- Folder1

- Folder2

- Folder3

Misc

- File1

- File2

- File3

3) did multcloud two-way sync - expecting google cloud to change to new structure in dropbox.

4) instead both google cloud and dropbox now have dublicates of everthing:

Folder1

Folder2

Folder3

File1

File2

File3

BigFolder

- Folder1

- Folder2

- Folder3

Misc

- File1

- File2

- File3

This would not be a huge hassle with a handful of files and folders, however, I had very many.

You describe two way sync as follows:  "The added, modified and deleted files in the source directory will be replicated to the target directory. Likewise, the added, modified and deleted files in the target directory will be replicated to the source directory (Namely, the files in the source and target directories are always the same)."

My understanding of your description of two-way sync indicates that this should not be happening.

Please advise.

much thanks,

joseph