Home Suggestions & Bug Reports
This forum is intended for MultCloud Support Discussion. Please post/inquire on existing discussions if they exist.

Multiple Failed Transfers (SSL Exception)

Hello,

Let me start off by saying I think MultCloud is a pretty awesome tool if we can just work through this final kink I have. I am trying to transfer a couple hundred data files from Google Drive to Amazon Cloud. Most of the files succeeded, but about 40-50 of them failed.

When hovering over the filename in the details window of the task, a tooltip appears with the following information.

Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

Would someone from MultCloud be able to help me resolve this issue so that I can successfully tansfer my files? That would be fantastic. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd really like to get it resolved.

• Hello,

Thank you for responding! To answer your questions, yes I have tried re-transferring multiple times and it seems the same files continue to fail with that same error. As far as size, each file is approximately 2GB.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Bill

• Hello,

Thank you for your response. I have tried these files both in batch and individually. I have approximately 200 files that are all exactly 2,147,483,648 bytes. 188 of them succeeded, but 8 of them failed. I am not sure why.

Thanks again!

Bill

• Hello,

I have retried the transfer multiple times and each time, more of the file succeed. After trying 5 times over a course of two weeks, all of the files finally appear to have succeeded. With so many transfer attempts, can I be sure these files successfully transfered with no corruption? The integrity of these files is very important to me and multiple failures is concerning. Can you provide some information regarding this? Thank you so much!

Bill

• Hello,

There were a total of 195 files. I executed the task 9 times and each time less of the files failed. On the 9th time, I finally got a "Success" that all of the files were uploaded. Any idea what caused this and/or how likely it is to happen in the future?

Thank you for all of your help!

Bill

• Hello,

Thank you for all of your help! It looks like we're making some progress, but now I'm seeing a different error for some of the files. Please see below. Thank you again!

Best Regards,

Bill

• Hello,

I did not create a new task, but I did cancel
    and restart the current task. Each time I run it, more files are
    successful but some still fail It seems that I need to run the task 7 or
    8 times to get all of the files transferred.

The transfer is from Google Drive to Amazon Cloud.

Thank you for your help!

Bill

• Hello,

Just an update. I tried to transfer 195 files and 12 of them failed with the same 401 error. I then ran the task again and only one file failed. I ran it a third time and they finally all transferred. Should I just plan to run the transfer 3 or 4 times to get all of the files transferred or do you think this might be resolved in the future?

Thank you for all of your help on this!

Bill

• Thank you for all of the communication. You have been very helpful so far and I look forward to this being resolved soon. This is a great service by the way!