Home Seek Help
This forum is intended for MultCloud Support Discussion. Please post/inquire on existing discussions if they exist.

transfer strange behaviour

edited March 2019 in Seek Help
HI,
first thank you for your service.

I have a strange behavior today.

I have a task that transfers the directory documents from google drive to yandex disk .
As far as I can remember, I'm not sure, I should have created it in this way:

googledrive\documents  ->  yandex

Early this morning, I moved the google directory documents into another directory, so it bacome a subdir. It was an error so I brought it back to the google drive root later.

After, I started the transfer job and all new files were trasferred ok.

Then the job catched my eyes, I saw that the transfer task was:

googledrive\backup\documents  ->  yandex

I didn't modified it, I cannot because I've a free account. There isn't such backup directory there. I still have the directory documents under the google root.

If I click the link in the task options, it bring me to an empty location, that's right.

To check, I put a file (A, an image) in my googledrive\documents directory and I started the task again. I supposed that it wouldn't have transferred anything because the starting point it has is from the wrong location, i.e. googledrive\backup\documents.

But it counted correctly all the files and then transferred only the new file A to yandex.

Is this a new feature?

Comments

• Early this morning, I moved the google directory documents into another directory, so it
    bacome a subdir. It was an error so I brought it back to the google drive root later.

When you moved the documents into another directory, what's the status of the task? Was it running when moving it to another directory?

googledrive\backup\documents  ->  yandex

Could you please send the screenshot of it to us so we can analyze it? Did you mean the "Backup" folder was created by MultCloud? If so, did you use the "Cloud Transfer" feature?

If I click the link in the task options, it bring me to an empty location, that's right.
    Please send the screenshot of it to us.

• @paolo,
    we find you did create task for googledrive\backup\documents. Please check it. Please go to the official website to check it and confirm where is it.

• When you moved the documents into another directory, what's the status of the task? Was it running when moving it to another directory?

no, I did it within google drive web app. No task running then.

----

Could you please send the screenshot of it to us so we can analyze it? Did you mean the "Backup" folder was created by MultCloud? If so, did you use the "Cloud Transfer" feature?
    here it is, I crated the task in the april of 2017. I don't have the directory named "backup" in my google drive

---------

Please send the screenshot of it to us.
    here it is

--------

we find you did create task for googledrive\backup\documents. Please check it. Please go to the official website to check it and confirm where is it

pls see the first picture

----

Thanks, Paolo
  • a clou (for me...):
    - may be I created in multcloud the task while there was a live 'backup' directory in google drive (not sure, I don't remember, I have such structure on another cloud)
    - may be, after, I moved the content of the backup directory to the google drive root (don't remember)
    - deleted the backup directory (now I dont have it)
    - multcloud adapted itself to the new situation to continue working?
    I'm very sorry to not remember
  • @Paolo, I confirmed this problem with my colleague who is a developer and he told me that MultCloud could not create the "Backup" folder when transferring your files. So please delete old tasks you do not need and create a brand new transfer task to transfer your files.
  • Hi, thanks, I'll do that.

Anyway I can confirm that it's still working:

Transfer: Google Drive Paolo\Backup\Documenti

to: Yandex

Result: Success

Start time: 2019-04-03 10:35:48

Last transfer time: 2019-04-03 10:41:28

Total time: 5m 39s

Files processed: 2/2823

Data processed: 371.4KB/2.1GB

Avg.Rate: 1.1KB/s

Executed times: 72