Home Seek Help
This forum is intended for MultCloud Support Discussion. Please post/inquire on existing discussions if they exist.

Flickr sync to SugarSync does not transfer movies

I've been struggling to set up a sync between my Flickr account and my SugarSync account.

Around 100 files file to transfer with the error 'file does not exist'

However, the files *do* exist, and can be browsed to and downloaded within MultCloud.

Significantly, most (perhaps all) of the files are not photos, but short mpegs from my iPhone.

The sync script appears to be looking for the file 1234.jpg, when he actual file name is 1234.mp4

I think that this must be related to the bug (noted by many people elsewhere) that file extensions are not shown when browsing Flickr folders.

Has anyone else noticed this error? Are the developers aware of it?

Comments

• Did you mean that these files are.mp4 files in your Flickr account but they are recognized as .jpg files by MultCloud when transferring? If yes,please let us know which transfer way you used? Cloud Transfer or Cloud Sync? Please provide your MultCloud email address to us so we can analyze it.
  • Did you mean that these files are.mp4 files in your Flickr account
    Yes, they had the file extension .m4v when uploaded (I don't know how Flickr handles file names after they are uploaded). However, MultCloud 'Cloud Explorer' never shows any file extensions for Flickr accounts (.jpg, .m4v, or otherwise -- this has been extensively discussed elsewhere on this forum)
    but they are recognized as .jpg files by MultCloud when transferring?
    The error messages generated by the scheduled sync all refer to file that have the extension .jpg (e.g. my_folder/img12345.jpg)
    These files are all movies, and had the extension .m4v when originally uploaded to Flickr (e.g. my_folder/img12345.m4v).
    If yes,please let us know which transfer way you used?
    I'm currently trying a Cloud Sync (one-way mirror sync, from my Flickr Albums to my Flickr WebArchive folder).
    Please provide your MultCloud email address to us so we can analyze it.
    My user name is DrJonJ -- please let me know where to send my e-mail address if you need it (I'm not keen to post it on a public forum)
  • We test it already,if you upload files( mp4 or .jpg file) via Flickr's official website,then there is no file extension.If you upload files to your Flickr account via MultCloud,then MultCloud would add file extention to your files.If you use MultCloud to transfer these files from your Flickr account to other clouds,then MultCloud would recognize these file extention first and then transfer them to your other clouds.So if these files do not have file extention in its original official website,then MultCloud would recognize them as .jpg files to transfer by default.
  • Hi,
    Other provides (like cloudsfer) perform this process without any issue!
    Maybe you should fix this too.

At your disposal,
    Alexis
  • @karaflas, thank you for your feedback and I will report it to the Development Department to fix it.