Home Suggestions & Bug Reports
This forum is intended for MultCloud Support Discussion. Please post/inquire on existing discussions if they exist.

please add Google Photos and folders in Google Photos) and view thumbnails instead of filenames

Hello, I have hundreds of photos organized in folders within Google Photos.  It would be extremely helpful to be able to transfer folders containing photos, from one Google Photos account to another Google Photos account, or to another cloud account.  

Also, for image files, please make it possible to view them as thumbnails instead of filenames.  

Thanks very much! 

Comments

• Hi,

I think there might be a way to transfer files to Google Photos through Google Drive. Afterr logging into Google Drive, click the gear icon located at the upper right hand corner of your screen and iin the drop-down menu click on "Settings." Scroll down until you see an option labeled "Create a Google Photos folder," and check the checkbox. After that, click donee and refresh the page. You should see a folder labeled "Google Photos." When you click on it all of your photos should be in folders sorted by the year they were taken. From here, login to MultCloud then go to the transfer tab. After selecting the files you want to transfer, click on the target directory. Seclect Google Drive, then looks for the folder named "Google Photos." If it isn't there then refresh the page and repeat the above steps. After selecting the "Google Photos" folder, clock transfer, then it should transfer files to Google Photos without using up and of your Google Drive storage. If you want, test this with a few photos to see whether or not they take up any of your Google Drive storage. If they don't, then you're good to go! If they do take up any space, however, then repeat the above steps to see if you missed something. If you followed the above steps and it still isn't working, then I'm out of ideas.

Hope this helped!

-rcmastah

• Nevermind, it does take up storage space. Sorry I didn't find out sooner. This means that the only way to transfer photos to Google Photos is to download them to your computer then upload them to Google Drive.