Home Seek Help
This forum is intended for MultCloud Support Discussion. Please post/inquire on existing discussions if they exist.

What speeds can I expect with premium?

edited March 2017 in Seek Help

Hello,

I am currently trying the free service for syncing my ftp to google drive.

But the speed is very slow at about 240 Kb/s, I know that my ftp is able to upload at 1000mbit. Will multcloud reach this speed? If not, what speeds can I expect?

Comments

• file number: 1

file size: 100gb

google drive

• Hi there, I'm sorry to hijack your thread but I just want to know if the internet speed really does affect the transfer speed. I thought that everything's done on Multcloud's server and the transfer doesn't require our internet connection at all. 

Cheers, 

• edited March 2017

SO  Just using two cloud based storage apps , dropbox and google drive , you must be able to give an idea of the speeds to be expected if you want me to upgrade,let make a hypethetical situation , Lets say for example I am ->

Transfering , 3 GB.  video file in mpeg1   format from drop box to google drive ,

How long will it take ?

With upgraded version ?,

And then free version, ?

The free version doesnt seem any faster than uploading from my hard drive .,, if you dont have a specific answer give me a ball park  answer,,,,an estimation ,,,, and then I can decide on the upgrade ,, thank you for your time , I think this app has great possibiliteys , but im a cautious consumer ,

• Since the admin could not give us any real information I had to buy a premium account to try for myself.

My results:

FTP Server which sits on a dedicated 1Gbit Connection to Google drive: ~800 kbit/s

Google Drive to Dropox: ~1,7 Mb/s

These speed are ridiculously slow. I dont recommend the service!