Main Threads:Copying files that begin with a period
  • I searched the discussions to see if there is a solution to the problem I' having.  The copying of files that begin with a period have been consistently failing.  Is there a work around for this problem?

• Did you mean that MultCloud did not transfer those files and it was counting files? Could you please let me know more detailed info so that I can reply you more clearly?

• Attempts to copy a file that begins with a dot fails.  The following is the statement in the log file:

Name:    .enref

Size:    7bytes

Path:    /OneDrive-MS/Other/FromDropBox/Fr_WRS-PC/All-WRS-dbox/DnLoads/Cell-Backup/Removable Disk/.enref

Cause:    A name that does not include special characters, or begin or end with a \.\

• Okey,I got it.That is to say MultCloud does not support such kind of file to transfer.So you need to change your file name to be a normal one so that it can continue to transfer.

• This seems problematic to me. Operating systems often use .name files to hide a file from normal view - e.g., look at how Apple handles their setting files. Are you saying these files will not transfer?

• MultCloud does not fully support such kind of files.So it is more likely that they would affect transfer process.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!