Home Seek Help
This forum is intended for MultCloud Support Discussion. Please post/inquire on existing discussions if they exist.

How to grab file from Shared * Box * Links?

Hi.

When someone shares a Box link with me, how am I supposed to get that directly either into my Box account, or to another cloud storage service?

Best
E

PS - Please don't mention the 'db' word in here, don't want to mire people's searches. :weary:
Tagged:

Comments

• After you open the shared link, you will see there is a "Transfer to my cloud" button. You can transfer the files to your account directly by clicking the button. If you don't see this button, you can try to open the shared link through the incognito window.

• Hello, I'm afraid that I don't see that option. In fact, I have never seen Multcloud look like the image that you are sharing.

I've looked around the multcloud interface and it does not show:

I've also looked around the box interface, and it does not show there, either.

The link looks something like this:
    http://app.box.com/s/nzdndfn7743dfd9f3ndfsd0dfsdfnb
    (that's made up)

This is how the open link looks in the browser:

Here's the box interface on a wider resolution:

What's that screen that you're looking at, it looks more advanced.
  • Maybe you can try to use URL transfer. You can find the feature under the task Manager.

• Have you found a box URL that works easily?

Because I've found that you *literally* have to start to download the file to get the download URL, and then it's valid for like ... 3 seconds ;-)
  • Hi Eliotcole,
    We don't quite understand your questions. Have you tried URL transfer? What mean is " it's valid for like ... 3 seconds"? Please give us a detailed description of your questions.
    1. Follow a Shared File link to a Box or wetransfer webpage for the file.
    2. There is nothing here to right click for a URL.
    3. So you must click to download the file.
    4. Then cancel the download.
    5. Get the download URL from your browser.
    6. NOW you can use that URL in the Multcloud URL uploader.

However, the problem is that the URL that you are uploading from is only valid for a short amount of time. So, if you have a list of files that you are uploading in URL uploader, then it's highly likely that Box links, or wetransfer links, will be invalid by the time the uploader reaches them. Even if it is the paid version.

There needs to be some kind of parsing for Shared URLs, and it isn't just for these services, but handling services like Box and wetransfer are the most difficult ones.
  • Hi Eliotcole,
    Thanks for your suggestion. We will submit it to our dev team.
  • So, to answer the original question, then, I can't currently download from shared links on BOX or wetransfer?
  • Did you use URL upload? Are they direct download links? What error or situation did you get when you upload from these links?
    In addition, how big is these file in these links?