Home Seek Help
This forum is intended for MultCloud Support Discussion. Please post/inquire on existing discussions if they exist.

MultCloud Deleted Data - Copying from Box.com to GDrive

Hi Team MultCloud,

Please take this email very seriously and resolve immediately.

We have created account at multicloud as our evolution and attached our box.com account and gdrive account.

For test purpose, we have copied a folder named “WIP – To be reviewed documents” under Technology having only 110 MB from Box.com and “Paste” to GDrive Cloud.

Once the folder copied successfully, we went to check our box.com account and found big Surprise, MultCloud has deleted “Technology” folder, it’s sub-folder and all files inside this folder from our box.com account.

Please resolve this on immediate basis and bring back our all data inside “Technology” folder which is deleted by MultCloud.

Comments

• Hi,sorry for the inconvenience caused. You said that you copied a folder and pasted to Gdrive cloud, so I am wondering how you did this operation?  Did you use "Copy" or "Copy to" feature via Cloud Explorer? You know if you used "Copy to" feature and you will see a option named "Move" button under a popup window, so did you select that option already??

• I was trusting your software and I started syncing two clouds (OneDrive and GoogleDrive), but after some week i found the files in the BIN in Both cloud, and every days I was restoring files!!.
    The sync schedule was never available from the beginning.
    To sove the problem i close the account t(1 year subscription) take out the cloud and sent a lot of mail to SUPPORT asking to stop the sync batch.

You support just asked silly question ... that means they do not read the email....

I was disappointed and warried about this software and support.

• @Ruggero, I would like to know what sync way you have been using? You said the files are stored in the Bin in both clouds, I would like to know if the files you were going to sync were deleted and stored in the Bin?  Or files stored in the target cloud were also deleted before starting the sync operation? For better analyzing this problem, please send the screenshot of the problem you have encountered to us.
  • I have an similar issue as well. I have a 2 way sync between dropbox and google drive (gsuite) I do most of the amendment of excel/ppt/doc files on the machine which is synced to dropbox. When dropbox syncs with drive, it is constantly appearing in the bin while the files are still there for both sides. I suspect it is removing older files and replacing with new files instead of update. Its just really scary.

However, for google forms, google sheets, they are constantly going to be bin with the files no longer in the folder
  • edited July 2021
    Hi @multclouduser ,
    Are you using Real Time Sync feature or the normal 2 way sync feature?
    Okay, we have submitted the request to the development team to get this addressed.
    Jnsystems
  • @Multclouduser, Yes, MultCloud will delete old files, and then re-sync the modified files.